A relationship with God

Today, I want to look back on last week's sermon and how edifying it truly was(and still is) and I want to share it to everyone reading this blog post. Although it was quite a lengthy sermon, I am just going to pin point a few but helpful things I learnt. The original title of this sermon was a relationship with God, family and the lost but I'm just going to talk about a relationship with God.

In Deuteronomy 6:3-6 we find out that it is only when we obey God that things will go well with us and so we are expected to love the Lord our God with all our heart our soul and our strength.

Love is one of the factors that strengthens a relationship, so love can't be found missing in your relationship with God. A relationship without love can not be a godly relationship....that's if its a relationship at all.

"You can not pray in love and live in hate and still think you are worshipping God"
Sometimes God does not change your situation because He is trying to change your heart!

Psalm 119:11 "I have hidden your word in my heart so that I might not sin against you"

Without God, our week will be...
SINday
MOURNday
TEARSday
WASTEday
THIRSTday
FIGHTday
SHATTERday

Seven(7) days without God makes one weak!!!

I will like to round up by saying, godly relationships don't just happen. They take two people who are committed to putting God first and the willingness to make everything work together.

Happy Sunday and have a blessed week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FASHION 101: HOW TO HANDLE NATURAL AFRICAN HAIR(FOR BEGINNERS)

The power of words

20 HILARIOUS WAYS TO KNOW IF YOUR MUM IS A NIGERIAN