HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN HIGH SCHOOL

     It was an amazing feeling I had last week when I graduated from high school. I could not believe how the time went by so fast. I entered high school in 2011 and now I'm done! Amazing!!!
    But high school was not rosy all the time, i really had my ups and downs and even as i reminisce on the good old days , I'd like to show you from my experience how to be successful in high school.


      
Image result for setting your goals image


1. SETTING YOUR GOALS:  What do you aim to achieve in high school? I never started setting my goals until the 9th grade( JSS3). I always played a lot with friends and was never really interested in schoolwork and I ended up failing both in the 7th (JSS1) and in the 8th(JSS2) grades but i had to sit up in the 9th grade and that was my first success story i ever had in high school. Setting your goals from the very beginning will help you achieve a lot both academically and in other aspects of life. Be SMART - Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic and Time-bound.
                                                                                                        Image result for image for SMART



2. CHOOSING THE RIGHT FRIENDS:




Image result for smart friends


    

I never chose the right kind of friends till the 9th grade, i followed friends who cared less (if they cared at all) about their books or their grades and the teachers really gave me a hard time saying that they knew i was intelligent, why was I always playful? So I had to change my friends and follow the ''grade conscious'' kind of friends.



3. KNOW YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES:


Image result for strengths and weaknessesImage result for strengths and weaknessesImage result for strengths and weaknesses


Mathematics was always my biggest fear, nightmare and enemy. I was better of at English and the Arts subjects than I was at Maths and Math happened to be one of my core subjects. I only started getting better at it from the 10th grade (SSS1). Although I never had an A in maths i struggled to attain a B while I got A in my other subjects. This was my 12th grade result, I saw my weaknesses and I began to build on it and it became my strength even though I got a B, This was another high school success story.

Most of all, be determined. Determination, Persistence, Patience and most of all faith in God will help you attain your high school success. And do not forget that failure is one of the many stepping stones to success.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FASHION 101: HOW TO HANDLE NATURAL AFRICAN HAIR(FOR BEGINNERS)

The power of words

20 HILARIOUS WAYS TO KNOW IF YOUR MUM IS A NIGERIAN